For most of us, chocolate is one of our favorite foods. It’s typically not allowed on any diet protocol. However, chocolate, particularly dark chocolate, has a lot of vitamins and antioxidants that can really improve a person’s health. Cutting it out completely is not a good idea either for long term results. That’s why we’ve dug up some of the best and easiest chocolate recipes that you can likely include on any diet you’re part of right now. These recipes are not only easy to make, but fantastic tasting.
Our Amazing Low Fat Chocolate Pudding
This is a very fast dessert, as it takes only around 20 total minutes from start to finish to make it. You start out with a semi decent saucepan, medium and a wire whisk. Mix around 1/3 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, and 3 tbsps of unsweetened cocoa and a pinch of salt into the pan. Whisk in the pan with about 2 cups of skim milk.
- Heat the mixture to boiling and stir constantly the entire time, add the chocolate after this. Cook it for 1 minute continually stirring during that time until the chocolate fully melts
- Remove saucepan from the stove and stir in the vanilla (1 tsp). Once you do this, spoon the mixture into custard cups, and serve this warm.
This is one of the easiest desserts we know of, but also delicious. It does contain sugar, so you can substitute this for splenda if so desired, and it will still taste great. 1/3 cup of the pudding will be around 120 calories with only 1.3 g of fat.
Chocolate Crunch Dessert
This one offers not only sweetness, but saltiness as well. Takes only 5 minutes of actual prep time to make it, and is delicious. You will need 1 cup of Wheat Chex cereal, and a cup of broken pretzel sticks (broken in half). You will also need 1/4 cup of salted roasted almonds and 3 tbsps of bittersweet chocolate chips.
- To start, combine the Chex, pretzels and almonds into a bowl. Drizzle the melted chocolate (use a double boiler or microwave) over this and stir it to combine the final product.
- Spread the final mixture over wax paper and allow it to set. It’s good to do this on a baking sheet and refrigerate it. Should only take about 30 minutes.
Not only is this delicious for dessert, it’s a large serving and not too high in calories. Per serving, or around 3/4 cup, it’s only 218 calories. Much of the fat it contains is also good for the body.
We don’t recommend these snacks on something like the HCG diet, as they’re too high in carbs and fat. However, for many diets they can be used. Both recipes are simple to make, take only a few minutes, and are delectable. In the future we will touch base on some other chocolate based concoctions that we hope will offer much the same.
Chicken is one of our favorite foods, but a lot of the time we’re stuck with a tiny window of ideas how to use it. Many of those ideas aren’t exactly the most healthy, like frying the chicken or baking it into pies of some kind. As a result, we’re always on the lookout for new, amazing recipes for the use of chicken that’s not only healthy, but easy to make.
Anchovies are one of our favorite foods for their savory taste. So when we found this Cacciatore recipe we just had to share it with you. You will need: 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 pounds of chick thigh cutlets, an onion, garlic, dry white wine, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and half a cup of chicken stock, along with 1 can of crushed tomatoes and 1/4 of a cup of tomato paste. Finally, our favorite ingredient: 2 anchovy filets for this one.
- Start out by heating up the olive oil in a saucepan and then cook the chicken in waves by placing it into the oil until it’s completely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then toss the garlic and onion in there until the onion completely softens up. From there you will add the wine, vinegar, chicken stock, crushed tomatoes (makes sure you don’t drain this out of the can), paste and anchovies.
- Return all the chicken to the pan, make sure the chicken is tightly fit into it into a single layer of the pan for best results. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes covered, then uncover it for 30 minutes to reduce the sauce.
The final result has 587 calories per serving, and 39.9 g of fat with 40.5g of protein. This makes it a very hearty meal, good for dinners more so than a lunch.
-The Best Arroz con Pollo
This is one of those meals that everyone loves, and it’s simple to make. You start out with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, four chicken thighs and four drumsticks. Chop a red bell pepper and a green one as well. You will also need 1 3/4 cup of canned tomatoes and drain and chop them, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, two cloves of garlic, a small onion and two ounces of smoked ham (dice this into slices around 1/4 inch per slice or so). You will also want two cups of chicken broth and a cup of rice.
- Get a deep frying pan out and heat the oil over moderate heat. Rub salt and pepper into the chicken, and cook the chicken in the pan until brown, You want to pour off the fat from the chicken only leaving about two tablespoons of it left.
- Bring the heat to a moderate low and add in the ham, onion (chopped), and minced garlic to the pan, stirring occasionally as it cooks. Takes right around 2 minutes for the onion to get soft, and after it does add the bell peppers. Cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- From there toss in the tomatoes from the can, tomato paste (1 tbsp) and a pinch of pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the rice to the pan and stir it in, and then add the chicken on top of that as a single layer. Partially cover it and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
It’s true that there are many options when it comes to what foods to eat, and what recipes are best. There are no limitations really to what a person can eat and still be healthy (within reason). Instead, dieting and the recipes selected need to reflect the person’s own tastes and also their ability to stick to certain foods without breaking the habit. It doesn’t help anyone if they start on a diet and then shed most of the weight they want, but the whole time they hate the foods they are eating. The chances of them gaining back that weight in the long term is actually extremely high because their habits have not truly changed.
What people need to keep in mind is that baby steps towards weight loss often require finding recipes that are not only healthy, but are tasty as well. These will allow you to stick to a diet but still enjoying food and remaining full. Additionally, many people are too busy to really cook elaborate meals, which is often a requirement to eat healthy. However, there are also some fast and easy recipes that take 10-15 minutes which can change a person’s life with the right attitude. These recipes fix a lot of the gorging that people do on fatty foods, but they’re delicious as well.
Some Simple and Healthy Choices
There’s certainly some preferences for recipes that are fast and easy, however, we find that some of the best ones are those that can take only a few minutes to prepare.
Cold Curry Chicken Salad
It’s true that we try to limit recommendations for salads, as they tend to lead to blandness in a person’s diet, but if protein is added they are usually extremely tasty.
- 100 grams of chopped chicken, 1 apple diced, Celery diced up into small pieces, 1/4 cup of water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of minced onions, 1 whole clove of garlic crushed and minced to preference, 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder, dash of turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and onion powder to taste.
In order to prepare this, it’s necessary to saute the chicken in a small sauce pan with the lemon juice until it’s turned a golden brown color. Add the water and spices you chose, continuing to stir well during this time. Leave it on a low heat and stir until the liquid reduces to a foamy coating over the ingredients and the chicken’s been fully cooked. Add water if you need more liquidity to the final product. Finally add in the apple and celery (if you used it) and serve over a green salad with lettuce of your choice. This recipe supplies only around 200-250 calories but is a huge amount of food. It also only takes about 10 minutes generally for people to prepare it.