Easy South Indian Paruppu Poli Recipe
Paruppu Purana Poli is a traditional sweet dish prepared during festivals like Bogi and Avani Avittam. Learn how to make Paruppu Poli Step by Step.
Paruppu Purana Poli Ingredients:
- Channa dhal – 1 Cup
- Jaggery – 3/4 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Maida – 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Salt – a Pinch
- Water – Little
- Oil – as Required
Method to Paruppu Purana Poli:
- Add little salt, turmeric to Maida and add sufficient oil, water and prepare soft dough. keep this prepared 1 hour before.
- Cook the Channa Dhal and remove off the excess water.
- Grind cooked Channa Dhal, Jaggery, coconut and cardamom. Do not add water while grinding.
- Add 1 tsp ghee to frying pan and add the ground paste and allow it to thicken.
- Prepare medium sized balls with the grounded mixture after it cools down. Stuffing is ready.
- Take a clean plastic sheet or plantain leaf and grease it with oil.
- Make small balls with the Maida dough and keep each one in the leaf and flatten it a bit and keep the stuffing.
- Properly close the Maida and flatten again using hand. (just like thin poories but little small in size)
- Cook them in a Tawa adding ghee and oil. Cook until they are cooked on both sides.(again like chappathi)
Dhal Poli or Paruppu Poli is Ready. Add Ghee while Serving.