This is one of those desserts that is so good and so pretty, people will never know how easy it was to make an Almond Strawberry Cake. This amazing dessert is made with fresh sweet strawberries and almond flour. It’s light cream frosting and moist almond cake make it light And healthy.
Learn how to make my homemade Almond Strawberry Cakes. One of my favorite easy recipes with Strawberry.
Ingredients to make Almond Strawberry Cake
- Plain flour or maida (200gms)
- Ground almonds (30gms)
- Butter (100gms)
- Icing sugar (100gms)
- Ice cold water (2-3tbsp)
- Salt (a pinch)
For Strawberry Sauce:
- Strawberries (2c)
- Lemon juice (1/2lemon)
- Icing sugar (2tbsp)
- Whipped Cream (1 1/2c)
- Sliced Strawberries (1 1/2c)
- For Garnish: A few strawberries and icing sugars to sprinkle.
Method of Preparation of Almond Strawberry Cake:
- Take a bowl, sieve the flour and salt together in it. Mix ground almonds in it and then add butter, rub it into the flour with your fingertips.
- Add sugar and mix it and then add the ice cold water to make a dough of this mixture. Keep it to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly sprinkle the flour on the flat surface and then roll out the pastry on this surface. Cut it into 16 rounds of 3mm thickness.
- Now bake the pastries for about 15 to 20 minutes until get pale golden in color. Cool the cakes and then keep them aside.
- For Strawberry Sauce:- Take strawberries and then make the purees of the strawberries in a blender. Add lemon juice and the icing sugar in it. Strain the puree and then keep it in the refrigerator.
- Take a plate, place one cake on a plate. Pipe some whipped cream on the top and place some strawberries. Sandwich it with another cake. Make 7 cakes in the same way.
- Now garnish each cake by dusting icing sugar on the top and then arrange strawberries. Then serve it surrounded by sauce.
Make about – 8 shortcakes
Preparation time – 45 minutes + baking time 20 minutes