Here’s the Quick, Simple, Healthy and Delicious Aloo Chana Pulao Recipe that you must try.
- Rice – 2 cups
- White Channa (Kondai kadalai) – 1 Cup
- Aloo – 1 Cup (cut into cubes)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamom – 3-4
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Onion – 3 Sliced
- Green Chilli – 3 nos
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Curry & Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
How to make Aloo Chana Pulao Recipe?
- Soak Channa overnight and keep them. Take a pressure cooker and add oil.
- Add the cloves, cinnamom and bay leaves.
- Now add the sliced onions, sliced green chilli and also the ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté them until the raw flavor fades.
- Now add the Potato cubes and the channa.
- Add the raw rice directly without soaking in water or without washing it.
- Mix well and add ghee (if you are diet conscious you can add gingelly or sesame or til oil) and saute.
- Now add the required salt and water.
- Mix well and allow the rice to cook for 2 whistles.
- After steam subsides, open the cooker and garnish with the curry and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Raita.
Note: Adding gingerly oil in good for health and helps the rice to come well (non-sticky).