This Chicken Curry is as simple as anything and maybe even your children can fry a delicious Ceylon Chicken Curry. Follow this step by step guide to cook the Ceylon Chicken Curry easily in a Restaurant Style.
Main Ingredients to Make Ceylon Chicken Curry
- 1 Kg Chicken, Cut into Pieces.
Ingredients to be first roasted in a dry pan and then finely ground:
- 10 Dried Chilies.
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds.
- 1 Tbsp Small Cumin Seeds.
- 4 cm Piece Dried Turmeric, Finely Ground or 2 Tbsp Powdered.
Spices and Curry leaves to be used whole:
- 1 Tbsp fennel Seeds.
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Seeds.
- 4 Sprigs Curry Leaves.
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil or Ghee.
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar or Lime Juice.
- 2 Large Onion.
- 4 Slices Ginger.
- 4 Cloves Garlic.
- Coconut Milk from ¾ Coconut.
- 4 Fresh Green Chilies.
How to Make Ceylon Chicken Curry:
- Rub Turmeric, 2 Tsp Salt and Vinegar over Chicken Pieces.
- Roast in Dry Pan Curry Leaves, Fennel Seeds and Mustard Seeds till Fragrant
- Add oil and brown Diced Onion, Garlic and Ginger.
- Add Chicken, Stir well, Cover Curry Pan and leave to cook in its own juice for about ½ hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl mix second squeeze of coconut milk with ground ingredients and Green Chilies.
- Add this to chicken and simmer curry till chicken is tender.
- Add first squeeze of coconut milk and continue to simmer till oil rises to surface and gravy reaches consistency required, adding more salt if necessary.
- Ceylon Chicken Curry Recipe ready to serve.