If you love cherries, you’ll love this Cherry Almond Cake. 100% from scratch with a maraschino cherry. Super simple, moist and delicious cake made with fresh cherries and almond meal. Delicious almond sponge with cherries and a layer of gooey marzipan in the center. Glazed Cherry Almond Cake is a delicious small batch cake with maraschino cherries in every bite.
Ingredients to make Cherry Almond Cake
- Glace Cherries (275gms)
- Baking Powder (1tsp)
- Castor Sugar (225gms)
- Ground Almonds without skin (175gms)
- Almond Flavoring (1/2tsp)
- Self-Raising Flour (65gms)
- Soft Butter (225gms)
- Beaten Eggs (6)
- Salt (a Pinch)
- Sift Icing Sugar (for decoration)
Method of Preparation of Cherry Almond Cake:
- First heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take a 9” round cake pan. Line it with geese proof paper and grease it.
- The cake will crack if the pan used for cake is smaller than the specified one.
- Take cherries, cut them into half and pat dry them. Dust lightly with flour and arrange in the bottom of the pan.
- Take a bowl, beat butter with sugar in it until gets fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat a little at a time. Add 1 tablespoon of flour. Stir it but do not overstir, it results hole in the cake.
- Now add flour, a pinch of salt, baking powder, flavoring and almonds. Mix them and then pour into the pan. Tap the pan at the bottom.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake it for about 1 hour or until it gets baked.
- Insert the toothpick in the center of cake if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Keep it to cool for a few minutes. Decorate its top with sifting icing sugar. Do not over bake the cake it results in dry texture.
Preparation time – 1 hour 10 minutes