As the Christmas season has started, Everyone geared up for the preparation of their Christmas cakes. So Here I’m showing you how to make traditional Christmas Plum Cake yourself at your Home.
I have created a recipe here for a simple home based Christmas cake. You can add more ingredients as per the budget you have. At last, you have to sprinkle the cake with rum so that the cake absorbs it and then keep the cake for 2-3 days to develop taste.
Have a look at this sweet and yummy Christmas Plum Cake Recipe.
- Maida (200 Gms)
- Margarine (200 Gms)
- Cashew (100 Gms)
- Raisins (50 Gms)
- Orange peel (50 Gms)
- Cake masala (2 Tsp)
- Baking soda (2 Tsp)
- Eggs (6 pcs)
- Powdered nutmeg (a Pinch)
- Caramel syrup (1c)
- Shareeja (2 Tsp)
- Giger soaked in sugar syrup (50 Gms)
- Cherries (50 Gms)
- Almonds (100 Gms)
- Butter (200 Gms)
- Caster sugar (200 Gms)
Method of Preparation:
- Take a bowl, beat eggs in it. Take another bowl, beat margarine, butter, and sugar in it.
- Mix the finely chopped dry fruits, orange peel, sieved maida and baking soda in a bowl well.
- Mix the shareeja, powdered nutmeg and cake masala to the butter mixture.
- Add beaten eggs and caramel syrup, beat it well to form a foamy mixture.
- Add this mixture to the maida mixture and mix them to get a soft cake mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the greased baking pan and bake it for about 20 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Then take it out and keep it to cool and then serve it.