How to Make Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha at Home? It is also known as Double Ka Meetha / Bread Halwa Recipe in India. Double ka Meetha is an exotic dessert made with bread, milk, sugar syrup and nuts.
Ingredients to make Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha
- Loaf bread (1 Small)
- Powdered Cardamom (5)
- Milk (1 Ltr)
- Saffron (10 Gm)
- Sugar (500 Gms)
- Soaked and finely chopped almonds (100 Gms)
- Double cream (250 Gms)
- Chopped and roasted Cashew Nuts (100 Gms)
- Clarified butter (250 Gms)
Method of Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Preparation:
- Take bread slices and cut each bread slices into four pieces. Fry them in the ghee or clarified butter until turns golden brown.
- Make the sugar syrup by boiling water with sugar for about 15 minutes.
- Add the saffron and the powdered cardamom dissolved in the milk to the sugar syrup.
- Boil the milk until it gets thickened.
- Take a flat tray, place the fried pieces of bread on it and then sprinkle the chopped nuts on them.
- Pour the sugar syrup, double cream and milk one by one over the bread pieces while they are hot.
- Cool it and then place it in the refrigerator.
- Serve the bread pudding as a dessert.