This Chocolate Pound Cake is dense, rich and oh-so-chocolatey. Simple and easy, this pound cake is portable. This recipe is easy to make. Great for birthdays, parties or any other occasion. I’ve really wanted to share with you this chocolate pound cake recipe. I recently discovered it and really loved it.
Ingredients to make Chocolate Pound Cake
- Cake Flour (2 1/4 c)
- Vanilla (2 tsp)
- Prune puree (1/4 c)
- Salt (1/4tsp)
- Margarine (1/4 c)
- Low –fat yogurt (8 ounces)
- Powdered sugar (1 tsp)
- Egg whites (3)
- Sugar (3/4 c)
- Process cocoa (1/4 c)
- Cooking spray
- Soda (1/2 tsp)
Method of Preparation:
- Take a 10 inch round baking pan, grease it with cooking spray and then sprinkle one teaspoon of flour and then keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, blend prune puree with margarine. Add sugar and beat it properly.
- Now add egg white in the above and beat again for 5 minutes until it gets blended. Add vanilla in it.
- Take a bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, salt and soda in it. Add it to prune puree and blend it with yogurt.
- Now pour this mixture onto the greased baking pan.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Keep it to cool and the chocolate pound is ready.