Pudina Rice/Mint Rice Recipe is a flavorful rice recipe which is very quick and easy to prepare. This is a tasty rice recipe made out of mint leaves. Learn how to make this spicy and easy to make.
Pudina Rice Ingredients:
- Cooked Rice – 2 Cups
- Onion – 1 Sliced
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
- Carrot – 1 Sliced
- Mustard – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 3 Tsp
- Salt – to Taste
Ingredients to Grind to make Pudina Rice:
- Mint leaves – 2 Tbspn
- Coconut – 2 Tbspn
- Green chili – 3 nos (According to your taste)
- Roasted Urad Dhal – 3 Tsp
Method to Prepare Pudina Rice/Mind Pulao:
- Take a pan, heat oil and add mustard. Allow it to splutter.
- Now add sliced onion and add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute them until the raw flavor fades.
- Now add carrot and add very little water for the carrot to half cook.
- Take mixer and ground the ‘to grind’ items to a fine paste adding little water.
- Now add them to the cooking pan and leave them for few mins until the raw flavor fades from the ground paste and the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the required salt.
- Finally add cooked rice and mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
If serving for kids, you can add a spoon of ghee before serving. That will enhance the taste of the easy mint or pudhina rice.