Learn how to make Basic Eggless Sponge Cake, a tasty dessert recipe. Eggless Sponge Cake made using condensed milk. This Eggless cake is great for vegetarians. This eggless sponge sheets will be used to make hundreds of different kinds of cakes.
Ingredients to make Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Condensed milk (1/2c)
- Baking powder (1 level tsp)
- Vanilla essence (1 tsp)
- Melted butter or margarine (60ml)
- Soda bi-carb (1/2tsp)
- Self-raising flour (140gms)
- Water (75ml)
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Method of preparation of Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake:-
- Take a bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, and soda bi-carb together in it.
- Add condensed milk, melted butter, essence and 75ml water in the flour mixture and then beat them well.
- Take a 6” diameter tin and grease it. Pour the mixture into the greased tin.
- Place the baking tin in the preheated oven and bake it for about 10 minutes at 200degrees C.
- Then reduce the temperature of the oven to 150 degrees C and bake it for further 10 minutes. The cake is baked when it leaves the sides of the tin.
- Now take it out from the oven and keep it for 1 minute. Invert the tin over the rack and tap it sharply to remove. Keep it to cool.