Today we will learn An easy way to make top-notch tasting Buffalo Style Wings with Blue-Cheese Dip. This will be Ready in under an hour. Best for Snack.
Buffalo Wings Ingredients
- 4 tbsp butter.
- 5 tbsp hot sauce such as Tabasco sauce or Crystal.
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- 900g/2lb – 1kg/2lb 4oz chicken wings.
- ¼ tsp celery salt (optional).
- flour, for dusting.
- sunflower oil , for frying.
- celery sticks, to serve.
For the Blue Cheese Dip
- 150ml buttermilk.
- 150ml soured cream.
- 85g blue cheese, crumbled.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed.
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika.
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serving: 6 people
These American-style crisp chicken pieces are the perfect laid-back food to share, great for a movie night
- Slowly melt the butter, hot sauce and vinegar in a medium saucepan, then pour into a large bowl. Mix all the ingredients for the blue cheese dip together with a pinch of salt. Cover and chill until needed.
- Trim the end off each chicken wing, then cut each in half through the joint. Tip the wings into a bowl. Add the celery salt (if using), seasoning and enough flour so they’re all evenly coated.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a large, deep frying pan and add the wings (do this in 2 batches if your pan isn’t big enough). Fry them, stirring frequently, until they are cooked through and browned all over, about 10 mins for each batch. As soon as they are cooked, transfer them to the bowl of butter sauce and stir well. Repeat with the second batch. Serve the wings on a platter with any extra buttery sauce poured over and the blue cheese dip and celery sticks on the side
Chicken wings vary in size, so you’ll need about 3-4 per portion as a starter and a few more as a main course. They’re best eaten with your fingers and a pile of napkins. They also make a good base for a flavorsome stock or broth.