A Christmas cake that dates back to ancient Rome!! RecipesQuestions.com demonstrates how to make this modern American Fruit Cake in your Home. This delicious Light Fruit Cake is an almond-scented butter cake full of candied fruits and raisins.
We bring you an easy way to make delicious fruitcake recipe at home. Fruitcake is a very popular recipe made of fresh fruits.
Ingredients to make Fruit Cake:
- Refined flour (1/2 Kg)
- Baking powder (4 Tsp)
- Vanilla essence (4 Tsp)
- Butter (1/2 Kg)
- Egg (1 Kg)
- Cherries (175 Gms)
- Chopped dates (250 Gms)
- Chopped cashew nuts (175 Gms)
- Grapes with seeds (200 Gms)
- Powdered sugar (1 Kg)
- Brandy (Optional)
Method of Fruit Cake Preparation:
- Take grapes, dates, and cherries, slice them into very small pieces. Soak and keep the slices in brandy one week before preparing the cake.
- Take a pan, place it overheat and then put 1/2kg of sugar in it.
- Add a little water and keep it stirring on low heat to avoid burning. Take off the pan from the heat when the sugar turns brown.
- Take the remaining powdered sugar in a bowl and mix the butter in it. Keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl, sieve flour, and baking powder together in it. Add the soaked fruits in brandy and the chopped cashew nuts in it. Mix them well.
- Now beat egg white and egg yolk in a bowl and then mix it to the sugar-butter mixture and then mix it well. Now add the vanilla essence to it.
- Take a greased and floured vessel, pour this mixture and then the fruit mixture evenly. Repeat it alternately.
- Place the vessel in preheated oven and bake it for 40 minutes at 3500C and then take it out.
- Keep it to cool and then take out the cake on a plate. Now the fruitcake is ready to serve.