Double ka Meetha is an delicious sweet recipe made with bread,sugar,milk and ghee famous in hyderabad. Double ka Meetha is an exotic dessert made with bread, milk, sugar syrup and nuts. Double ka Meetha is also known as Shahi Tukra or also Bread Pudding.
So Without Wasting much time, let’s see how to Prepare Double ka Meetha also known as Shahi Tukra or Bread Pudding in English.
- Loaf Bread (1 Small)
- Powdered Cardamom (5)
- Milk (1 Litter)
- Saffron (10 Gm)
- Sugar (500 Gms)
- Soaked and finely Chopped Almonds (100gms)
- Double Cream (250 gms)
- Chopped and Roasted Cashew nuts (100 Gms)
- Clarified Butter (250 Gms)
Method of Preparation:
- Take bread slices and cut each bread slices into four pieces.
- Fry them in the ghee or clarified butter until turns golden brown.
- Make the sugar syrup by boiling water with sugar for about 15 minutes.
- Add the saffron and the powdered cardamom dissolved in the milk to the sugar syrup.
- Boil the milk until it gets thickened.
- Take a flat tray, place the fried pieces of bread on it and then sprinkle the chopped nuts on them.
- Pour the sugar syrup, double cream and milk one by one over the bread pieces while they are hot.
- Cool it and then place it in the refrigerator.
- Serve the bread pudding as a dessert.