Are you Bored of the Regular Bread Sandwiches? Then you can Bread Upma? This is a very tasty Indian snack, that can be made in a jiffy. It is very Simple to make the Tasty Recipe of Upma with Bread Slices. So from this Post, Learn How to make Bread Upma that makes a Healthy & Tasty Breakfast.
Ingredients to make Upma with Bread Slices
- White bread preferably a day old (6-8 slices)
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Chopped onion (1 Med.)
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves (2 Tbsp)
- Chopped green Chillies (2)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Red chilli powder (1/2 Tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/4tsp)
- Boiled and diced potato (1 Med.)
- Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (1/4 Tsp)
- Asafoetida (a pinch)
How to Prepare Upma with Bread Slices:
- Take bread slices, break them into smaller pieces with or without crust.
- Take a kadai, heat oil in it.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida, Add the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds in the kadai.
- When the mustard seeds get crackle and the cumin seeds change its color then sauté the onions in the oil.
- When the onion gets translucent then add the diced potatoes and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Now add bread pieces, turmeric powder and red chillies powder and then toss them to mix well.
- Sprinkle some water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, coriander leaves and lemon juice and then toss and serve hot in the serving dish.