Curry Leaves Kuzhambu is a Very Healthy Sidedish that we can make for Rice, Idli and Dosa. Karuveppilai Kuzhambu is very Tasty, Healthy and Easy to Make.
- Curry leaves – 2 hand full
- Urad dhal – 3 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 based on taste
- Tamarind – 1 lemon size
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Gingelly Oil – 3-4 tbspn
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Take a tawa, add 2 tsp oil and fry urad dhal, dry chilli, pepper and curry leaves.
- Fry until fresh aroma spreads from the urad and curry leaves (leave until the leaves dry do not over heat)
- Ground the fried items to a fine paste adding a little water.
- Prepare a thick tamarind extract and add asafoetida, turmeric and the ground paste and mix well.
- Keep a thick bottomed vessel and add 3 tbspn oil and let mustard splutter.
- Now add the tamarind and curry leaves mixture.
- Finally add salt and let it boil until oil suspends and the gravy becomes thick.
Store the karuveppilai milagu kuzhambu in a dry container. Add it to hot rice, add some gingelly oil and a pinch of salt and eat with a vathal or papadam.
This is a best dish especially during winter and rainy season.