Murungai Keerai vadai is a tea time snack popular in South India. Made with Dal and greens, this is a healthy and tasty item that can be prepared easily.
Murungai Keerai Vadai Recipe Ingredients:
- Unpolished Rice – 2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Ginger – small piece
- Green Chilli – 3
- Murungai Keerai or drum stick leaves – 2 cup
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Raw Ground nut or peanut – 1/2 cup
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Grated Carrot – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1/2 cup
Murungai Keerai Vadai Recipe Process:
- Break the rice to rava consistency in the mixie.
- Grind ginger (peel off skin) and green chilli to a fine paste.
- Now take a thick bottom pan, heat coconut oil and add mustard, urad dhal and groundnut and saute.
- Add asafoetida, ginger-chilli paste, cleaned drumstick leaves and saute.
- Now add the grated carrot and allow it to cook for few seconds and add half cup water and coconut milk. Allow it to boil.
- Add broken rice and mix well and add salt and allow it to cook for few mins.
- When the mixture thickens turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Now make small kozhukattai’s and steam cook it.
- Our Murungai keerai Kozhukattai is ready.
Note: Unpolished rice is rich in fibre, protein and B-complex. Drumstick leaves are very good for anemic people. Hence you serve your family with a healthy balanced diet.