Milagu Adai, the Authentic Palakkad Brahmin cooking in Tamil is also one of the Neyvedhyam for Thirukarthigai. Today we will see the Recipe of Pepper Jeera Adai.
- Boiled Rice – 1 cups
- Cooking Rice/Raw Rice – 1/2 cup
- Toor, Channa and Urad dhal – each 1/4 cup
- Pepper -1 1/2 tsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chili – 3-4 nos
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry and coriander leaves -1 cup
- Soak all rice and dhal together for 2-3 hrs.
- While grinding, first add pepper, jeera, chili, curry n coriander leaves and grind a bit and then add the rice-dhal soaked, asafoetida and salt.
- Get them grounded to a fine batter.
- Prepare fine adai dosai and serve with jaggery.
This pepper and jeera adai is very suitable for winter and rainy season as pepper helps protect from cold and jeera helps for easy digestion.